Interested in the Club but not sure whether it's for you?
The Club invites you to hike with us two or three times as our guest before deciding to join the club. Here are some tips for guests.
- You will be asked to sign a waiver form before starting the hike.
- Wear footwear and clothing suited to rugged terrain, and to the weather.
- Bring lunch, water for a full day (2 liters in summer, 1 liter in other seasons), basic first aid kit, and a loud whistle.
- In summer, bring insect, rain, and sun protection. Some summer hikes include a swim, so if you like, bring a bathing suit.
- In winter, bring extra gloves, dry socks, hat, sufficient warm clothing, and rain, snow and sleet protection. If the ground is bare but expected to be icy (as often happens in spring and fall), bring a pair of ice-spikes that fit over your boot-soles.
- Be courteous, do what the leader says, pack out your litter, and stay with the group. If you have trouble keeping up, tell the leader immediately. If you become separated from the group, stop, stay put, and blow your whistle.
We hope you enjoy your hike and decide to join.